The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Monday, June 4, 2018

Mandatory Bloggery- Sonoma Skatepark and Lurking About

I awoke hungover in Sonoma, California.....
It was hot as balls and I was looking to sweat it out.
So naturally, I set about to find a skatepark! 
Maxwell Farms Regional Park.
Sonoma, CA.
Dedicated in October, 2000.
 At first sight, I thought "Oh, another certified piece of suck."
 I had lots of fun. Didn't skate my best, but I still had a good time scratching grinds and shooting the shit with the local kids. 
 I've never seen two parks that look or skated alike. And this one was no exception.
 Tall ass flatbar. I tried to boardslide it a few times and just couldn't do it. 
Maybe I should travel with a kicker ramp, lol.
 Trying to figure out if this place has been in any videos. For some reason it looks like TNT (Tony Trujillo) territory. I think I was close to Santa Rosa, his old stomping grounds.
 Insane terrain. There were a few bikers here too, even though the signs posted "no bikes allowed".
  I still had a blast pumping around. Nothing was deeper than five feet, I think.
 Then a local pointed out to me that the ramos used to be smaller and shittier, which is why they poured more 'crete on top of the original ramps. See the old and new 'crete? 
 Nonetheless, it's a safe haven for skaters to hone their skills. The older I get, the shittier parks are the fun ones filled with less kooky "street leaugers". AKA, jocks.
 Then after a quick shower, I was off to a wedding at a beautiful winery.
 Moments like these make me love my life and my wife.
 I also got tubed!
 Colorful flower windmills.
 Metal art. Shoe horns. I tried to pik this thing up and it was probably well over three hundred pounds.
Cheers! 
 I also saw a deer. I was trying to get closer for a better picture, but the beauty hopped away.
It wanted nothing to do with me.
 Tri-tip sandwich with all the veggie fixin's!
This is a food blog, right?
 Beautimous.
 Crazy looking gator carved outta a log. Alot of time went into this thing.
 Nice doormat with a message I'm trying to relate to. 
Never forget, I say.

-EATFIEND-

No comments :

Post a Comment