The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Food Truck Mania

Hello there fellow Eatfiends, it's been about 2 weeks since my last post. Not really sure what our Comm. in Beef has been up to. Rest assure he's probably cooking up something tasty. I've got lots of goodies for you all. 
 Veggie breakfast tacos consisting of diced onions, green bell peppers and mushrooms with some tasty hot sauce to spice things up.
 On to the good stuff. Down the street from my house a bunch of food trucks have been meeting up on Tuesday nights in an auto shop parking lot to feed the masses. There were 5 trucks total selling thai food, organic food, cupcakes, sandwiches and bbq oh my!
 At first glance I saw a truck decorated with flowers and other crap and was instantly turned off by it. I walked around and saw my options and came back to it.
 Curiocity catering ended up having great food. There whole menu was organic and although pricey (all of the trucks were) it was damn good delicous! The cook in the truck had a giant bowl of seasoned parmesan-truffle fries for people to sample. That inevitably secured my food of choice. After all, I am a hamburger eatin' son of a gun.  
 Its a crappy photo 'cuz you can't even see the meat, but I chose to start it off with a Brandt beef hamburger on a sesame seed bun topped off with onions, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
 "This is a tasty burger" -Samuel Jackson
 There was a cupcake truck ran by 2 girls. Pretty tasty and experimental menu. I ended up having the red velvet cupcake with maple frosting. It tasted sinfully good.
 Corner Cupcakes was what it was called. Low overhead, all of the cupcakes are pre-made. Just tell 'em what you want and bam! it's there. I think they were like $3? Can't remember.  
 There was another truck there called Slow Cal Bbq. All kinds of meaty sandwiches made of chicken beef or pork! 
 Tried to get some decent menu pics for you guys. So you know what to expect price-wise.
 Ended up getting the slider sampler combo. One chicken one pork.
 Curiocity catering had a great menu. I plan on getting something from there again.
 They even put some cole slaw on the bbq sliders.
Found this photo on my phone. One can never eat too much beans. It's the magical fruit!
If you are looking for food trucks in your neighborhood just google it. It's gaining alot of popularity and a lot of these trucks promote themselves through Twitter.

Hope you enjoyed it. More posts coming soon.
Eat
Fucking
Fiend
Friend, foe, allie.
-Sgt. Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment