The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

EatFiends St. Patricks Day 2012

Hello there fellow EatFiends! Welcome to the 2012 edition of St. Patricks Day.... EatFiend style! Other than that I wanted to keep it traditional Irish food. Nothin' else.
 Started the morning of prepping for dinner and what better way to start the day than to drink some Guiness Black Lager. It was on sale for $9.99 a 12 pack.
 My good 'ol mom came by to help get me started on the cooking. Love ya mom!
 So I went out to Albertsons and bought 7 pounds of corned beef brisket.
 Submerge that tasty goodness in water and bring it to a boil. Gotta cover the meat all the way in the water 'cuz alot of the water will eveaporate while its cooking.
 Private HamBone picked up a bag of these to help hold down the hunger demons.
 And of course if yer gonna eat corned beef brisket on St. Patty's day you gotta throw in a head of cabbage, a whole onion and a shit load of carrots.
 HankyPoo loved the Smokehouse style bbq Ruffles.
 Also bought a 12 pack of Guinness Draught and a 12 pack of Harp (also made by Guinness) also $9.99
 Then we all decided to learn how to pour Black and Tans. Its not as easy as it looks which is why I suppose they cost a bit more at the bar.
 Step 1: Fill half yer pint glass with Harp.
 Step 2: Holding a spoon upside down inside the glass, gently pour the Guinness in slowly. If you think yer pouring it slowly, poor even slower.
 Its harder than it looks.
 Step 3: Cheers!
 My 2nd attempt at it. Not a bad pour right there!
 Just looking at this photo makes me want one.
 Anyways, back to the cooking. Mashed up a 10 pound bag of red potatoes, threw in a stik of butter and I used chicken broth because I didn't have any milk. Turned out delicious!
 The dudes having another round of black and tans.
 So after boiling the beef for 6 hours I removed it from the boiling water and threw in my vegetables into the meat-water 'cuz vegetables taste better if they taste like meat right?
 Poor verrrrrry slowly.
 After the veggies boild for about 10 minutes, throw in that head of cabbage.
 Capt.Kangaroo satisfied with his pour.
 I give to you the corned beef brisket!
 Made some gravy for the mashed potatoes and the veggies were good to go!
 Wearing green on St. Patty's day. Its one of the best days ever. 
 Meet and potatoes!
 PrivateHamBone had a huge plate. What a fat fuck.
 Clearly I was enjoying getting drunk while I was cooking. I'd like to think this was how my vivsion was.
 It was Capt.Kangaroos first time eatin' an Irish meal like that. He even gave my cooking an A++.
Then things got drunk.
Thanks dudes for coming over and enjoying the day with me. I would have felt like the worlds fattest fuck if I ate all of that by myself.

Eat
Fucking 
Fiend

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment