The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Mandatory Bloggery- SLAYER, REPENTLESS FAREWELL TOUR, May 10, 2018 San Diego Sports Arena

To say that I'm a fan of music is an understatement....
I like to think that I'm pretty well versed in music. I love all genres that speak to an old soul such as myself. From blues, jazz, classical, R&B, hip hop, disco, rock 'n roll, gangster rap, metal (and all the sub-genres of metal) and even country....I love it all....Except techno or trap-crap music. The stuff kids listen to nowadays just doesn't make sense to me.

But let's forget about all that stuff, 'cuz this is a FUCKING SLAYER blog! Dedicated to the band themselves and the skaters that have skated to their music...
Enjoy!

I guess you could say I was a late bloomer when it comes to SLAYER, the moment I bought a copy of Misled Youth (Zero Skateboards, 1999) and saw Erik Ellington's part, I was fucking hooked. I was just 16 years old.
I immediately went and bought a copy of "South of Heaven" at my local Music Trader and the head banging commenced!
Wade Speyer in "Hot Batch", Powell Peralta Skateboards, 1992.
Mandatory Suicide
XYZ, "Stars and Bars" Slam section, 1995
Gotta love a good old fashioned slam section to some SLAYER.That's how it's done right.
SLAYER for an intro song? You betcha! I used to have the Shorty's Hardwear team video, 1997.
Like a dumbass I traded it to the bub Jimmy Carlin for a copy of "Yeah Right" on VHS. I've regretted it ever since.
Double dose of SLAYER in Scarecrow Wheels "Disturb Not The Sleep Of Death", 1997
I fucking loved this part when I was a young buck. Roof roll-ins? YES PLEASE!
Omar Salazr, Foundation Skateboards "Nervous Breakdown" 1999.
I remember seeing this part at the premiere at Spreckles theater and it hit me like a ton of bricks.
Everything about this one!
Jon Allie, Zero Skateboards, "Dying To Live" 2002.
Ben fucking Gilley! Probably my most viewed video part of a skater that has shredded to SLAYER.
Black Label Skateboards, "Label Kills", 2001.
This video part made me wanna 50-50 everything in sight!
Alex Gall, Transworld Skateboarding "In Bloom", 2002
This put "Trainwreck on a cultish level. Like a flash in the pan, he was gone as quickly as he showed up. I was ready for a neck tattoo at this point. Thankfully, I didn't let mama down.

I know lots of other skaters have shredded to SLAYER, but these are the parts that run on repeat in my brain. Childhood memories. That kinda stuff.
Anyways, this is supposed to be about the "Repentless" tour, right?
Cheers to the bub Jason! 
Little side story here, Jason and I were waiting in line for beer and a long ahired Mexican-hessian fan screamed "SLAAAAYYYYEEEERRRRR!" So I felt obligated to scream it back. He then told me that he'd been screaming the aformentioned all night and I was the first one to scream back! He was so hyped he bought us each a beer! Hyped! I felt the need to hook the bub up with a mini bottle of vodka I had stored in my sock. When I handed it to him I said, "Here bub, for better hallway vision." Before he even knew what it was, his eyes lit up and he said "Is this cocaine!?!?" I just laughed and said "Nah, it's vodka." Then we parted ways. All this fun and I hadn't even gotten in the pit yet!
Screams from the pit...
REIGN IN BLOOD!
Mandatory Suicide from the pit. Run with my brothers in arms. Nothing could stop us.
BEN FUCKING GILLEY!
With a heavy heart, I say goodbye to SLAYER. You will forever be reigning blood in my heart.

-EATFIEND-

No comments :

Post a Comment