The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

EatFiend Restaurant Review: City Delicatessen

Eating is the best thing ever...
and exploring new options and different places to eat makes it pretty darn fun.
Thats why fellow EatFiends I wandered into City Delicatessen. I've been driving by this place for years and never made my way in until now. I do not regret it one bit. The place has a Corvette Diner / 60's doo-wop theme going for itself and a nice spacious friendly environment. 
City Deli has prided itself on food made from scratch. From real mashed potatoes, homemade salad dressings, custom-made extra lean deli meats, to cakes and pastries baked on site by staff bakers, this food is fresh!
 Before I even picked up my menu I was already hyped. At each table there is a bucket of fresh crunchy pickles that are on the house! Psyched!
 Lots of drink specials all day every day. Who wants to hit this place up @ 9a.m. with me?
 Cold cut trio with some curly-ass fries!
 Mutha-fuckin' rueben sandwich with a side of potato salad and an orange slice. The corned-beef was so damn good and tender with that saltiness one craves.
 "Nite Owl" menu in case you find yerself wandering the streets of Hillcrest late in the evening. Friday and Saturday they are open 'til 2a.m. All other days they are open 'til midnight.
"
 And a decent happy hour with some bar food. Good stuff.
 Full bar. T.V.'s to watch sports or old reruns of Shirley Temple. Isn't that what they watch over there?
Kick ass jukebox. No digital shit here. You gotta listen to what the owner likes. Don't worry, I know they got Journey on there.

If I took myself seriously (which I don't) I'd give this place 2 thumbs up.

Eat well and thrive.

EatFiend!

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment