The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Mandatory Bloggery- R.I.P. Jeff Grosso

Rip In Peace
My introduction to Jeff was through Black Label skateboards film "Label Kills". Even though he didn't make nearly as big of an impact on my 17 year old self as Kristian Svitak, Jub or Ben Gilley made on me, I always had a huge amount of respect for people that could skate transition since my skill level at the time was non-existent. I remember selling his board at Hanger 18 Skate Shop before the doors shut down.... Fast forward to maybe 15 years to the revival of Grosso, he started killing the Van Combi Pool contests and won one. "Love Letters To Skateboarding stole our hearts. He got on Vans with a signature hi-top and also got on Anti-Hero skateboards and everything just fit so perfectly. All of this happened in the golden age of his career. I didn't know the legend but through Love Letters I felt like I was best buds with him. I know alot of people that felt the same. 
Rip In Peace
GrossoWeekend-610
Gonna miss the Love Letters To Skateboarding...


You will be missed.

-EATFIEND-

No comments :

Post a Comment