The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Mandatory Bloggery- Making Mead


 Welcome back everyone. Sorry for the brief hiatus.
Let's get to it, shall we? 
 Great video. The bub Jimmy Carlin finally made it to a respectable board brand and had a very short part due to injury. I'm rootin' for ya bub! I hope you come back and kill it with a chip on your shoulder in 2015.
 Came home to a large tray of lasagna courtesy of WormTits.
 Since I didn't have to do any cooking, I though it was a good night to finally make some mead.
For those of you that don't know what mead is, it's the nectar of the Nordic-Larb Gods.
Not for the weak.
 First things first, I gotta' sanitize everything so I don't compromise the whole objective.
 Biscuit was helping!
 Get a little dinner in y belly first.
 Clean everything was tedious.
 Furry little assistant.
 Activating the yeast. I opted for the "sweet wine" over the "dry-champagne" kind. That's how the guy at Home Brew Mart described it to me. Now I'm a fucking expert.
 Let the honey sit in near-boiling water to warm it up. Honey is thick and slow at room temperature.
 Yeast nutrient. The gut at Home Brew Mart sold me on this last minute. Sure, why the fuck not.
 At first it was slow going. Should have invested in a funnel. Something to remember next time.
 Had about 3 pounds of honey in with about a gallon of water, I thought it was a good time to add the yeast. Wanted everything to mix accordingly.
 Then I decided to cut the top of the honey container of and scoop it in with a spoon.
 All kinds of crystallized honey sunk to the bottom.
 LadyLarb gave a helping hand with the mixing duties.
 The recicipe was supposed to make 6 gallons of mead. I ended up using only four. Hope I didn't screw it up. It should come out sweeter, right?
 Beautimous.
 Put a plug in it.
 Trivia night.
Pretty sure he is dead.

EatFiend

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment