The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

BBQeekend!

So I made what I thought to be a completely erroneous claim to my roommates the other day, stating that May is National BBQ Month. Travis informed me that it actually IS, so I guess I've gotta step this shit up.

Upcoming BBQs at my place: Sat 5/12 and Mon 5/28 (memorial day). I BBQed twice this past weekend, and   I'll get around to that in a second. Anywho, onto the good stuff...

Fava beans from the garden, prepped (pain in the ass) then sauteed in ghee and olive oil with cremini 'shrooms, rosemary and some wilted spinach.


Put some fucking chicken on it!


Braised some red cabbage in red wine. Simple, and fucking delicious.


First night: Colin came down and requested some of my famous Korean chicken wings! 

"My chicken overfloweth"


Found some Ramps and roasted some Bell Peppers to make a romesco.


The rest of the peppers' hash marks spelled out "ail Satan!"



A romesco is a Spanish sauce, in a lot of ways it's basically a tomato-and-roasted bell pepper pesto. But it's soooo much more. This shit was UN SANE.


Made my "Fiery Hot Anger Salsa" with these bad boys + 4 habaneros. Everyone at the barbecue I will document momentarily asked me for the recipe. I repeated it like 10 fucking times. IT WAS THAT FUCKING GOOD.


Randy (roommate) had a party that night that was pretty cool, but I lack pictures because fuck you all.

Woke up the next day and punched the clock.


Eatfiend @ Burgers & Brew in Davis!

That's a Kasteel Rouge, like a black cherry lambic, but much more mild and not as sweet as your average lambic.


Supposed to be a spicy guac burger. The toppings were disappointing, but Colin brought me there FOR THE MEAT! Niman Ranch patties, and they knock it out of the park. Those garlic curly fries holdin' down the top of the plate didn't last for long.


Next up: Max's BBQ! Also, it was cinco de mayo, so I brought my Carne Asada and the fiery anger hot sauce!

2.5 pounds of Marin Sun Farm flank steak in my own love-sauce (Note: Marinade was not made out of my actual love-sauce)


Awesome fucking spot in Live Oak Park right next to my work. Perfectly secluded for your average larb.


At one point, I had had waaaaay too much to drink, so I stopped for not 10 minutes, and Colin let Travis know that I had "given up," so I had to get right back on my drinkin' horse.


Tim and Chris busted out the sax and stand-up bass respectively! Take the baseline for a walk, and keep the cymbals splashy. A little bit of Ham & Eggs comin' at ya!


Band... Taco... Band... Taco...

....

Taco!

They were fucking killer in my opinion even though the coals died, I tried to adjust by tenting the carne and it ended up overcooking it. Still, though, awesome fucking street taco status.



The Eatfiend Trio!
(Dudes were actually very talented. Tim's band is called Catch a Ghost. I still need to check them out)



There was a pretty fucking cool graffiti wall I kept pissing by. You can get across the creek to the other side pretty easily. That's some prime Bridge Drinkin' Real Estate.


BBQ Again this weekend at my place! As noted above, and if you can't make it, check the blog! I infuse the blog with all of my cooking so that you can just lick your screen!

--Commander-in-Beef


P.S. It's pronounced "barbecweekend," in case you were wondering.

No comments :

Post a Comment