The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Friday, August 17, 2012

EatFiend Restaurant Review: Azteca Taco Shop

Lets get this outta the way. 
The only way I'd stop at a taco shop like this is if I was so hungover doing the walk of shame to work at 7 in the morning. Yea, weve all been there. Don't even think of denying it. Well those were the circumstances and this is my experience....
With that being said I bring to you Azteca Taco Shop. Located on the corner of Park and Market in downtown San Diego along the trolley line.
They boast the "Big Plate". Lots of hobo-lurkers up and about.
When I get inside Azteca Im greeted by a cashier girl and a cook. Both of whom don't even acknowledge my presence 'cuz they are too busy talking on the damn phone about soccer or some bullshit.
I wait a few minutes and wait and see that they don't give a shit that Im waiting behind the counter. I guess when you look like a hobo you get treated like a hobo.
May as well watch some t.v. with a hobo. God my hangover was kicking my ass at this point.
Not A single cent tip wise. Shitty service = shitty tip.
Sat at the trolley station and chowed down on that carne-asada burrito with cheese and sour cream only. It was alright, but my efforts to subside my hangover were pointless since this burrito was barfed into the gutter about an hour later.
On the bus I saw a dude with one ear. I then began to wonder if his ear somehow ended up in my burrito and I think thats what made me puke.
If you ever find yourself walking by this place, keep on walking. Much better Mexican food just about everywhere else in S.D.

Eat
Fucking
Fiend

-Sgt.Baconator 

No comments :

Post a Comment