The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How Tuesday: Chicken and bow tie stew

Sometimes you just want some good old fashioned home cooking.
So I gave my mom a call and asked her for her chicken noodle soup recipe.
This is what I came up with.
 In the produce department we have a pound of carrots, a whole onion, 8 oz. of mushrooms, half pound of celery.
 Chop it all up...
 Take yer time. It will be worth it.
 3 pounds of chicken drumsticks. Cooked in olive oil with garlic-salt and pepper.
 Half a pound of "farfalle", or I as I call it "bow-tie noodles"!
 Keep and eye on the drum sticks. Rotate as needed and add a bitch of chicken broth to prevent them legs from burning.
 Fill up a pot with water and dump all of the vegetables into it. Boil that for a while.
 So I made 3 cups of rice. Which I found out was a shit-load of rice. To feed 4-6 people you only need like, one and three quarters.
 Got all 4 burners going. Burn baby burn!
 So I cooked the chicken for about 20 minutes, occasionally rotating the legs. Then I peeled the skin off and began deboning.  
 Make sure you separate the meat from the tendons, cartilage, bones, etc. 
 Dump your deboned chicken into about 48 ounces of chicken broth. I suggest you dump in the chicken grease too for extra flavor. Bring it to a boil.
Note: strain out the water from the boiling vegetables also.
 Boneyard.
 Mix in your bow-tie noodles, cooked vegetable and stir that shit up!
 Make your own bowl and add some salt, pepper, or even butter to make it even better. 
 Sliced bread.
Add in some rice and you got yerself a stew!
Thanks Mom for giving me your recipe. Your the best. Love you.

Eat Well And Thrive

EatFiend!

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment