The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Mandatory Bloggery- John Trimble Documentary, An Unsung Ripper

I love all areas of skateboarding and want to know it all.
I received an e-mail the other day that went something like this. 
You never know what may come crawling outta the wood work!

"I know Wayne Dietsch, we skated all over north county San Diego from the late 1980's through the early 1990's. He wasn't known as Ollie Ese or had any nick name back then. We just knew him as Wayne, good ole Wayne who just loved skateboarding. He wore the same wardrobe colors and style even back then, except he wore his favorite sports team hats backward then.

Wayne was always a very generous guy who declined any offers for free skate stuff or help in getting him sponsors. I tried encouraging him to send in some of his skating to different sponsors from videos we filmed back then, but he is the kind of guy who takes pride in making his own way in life and skateboarding. He was good enough even back then to have sponsors, but he refused.

He's a cool, funny guy once you get to know him, that's if he's cool with you. I have old skate footage of him from the late 1980's early 1990's, which I included some of his best skate moves in a skateboard documentary I created Summer of 2017. I hope Wayne is doing ok these days, last time I saw him was in 2006 when my wife and I visited him and caught up on the latest news for about an hour with him and his parents. He's a really nice genuine guy.

If you happen to see him again one day, tell him John Trimble says hi. If you're interested in seeing that skateboard documentary, I'll be happy to give you the youtube link."

This made me stoked to unearth a piece of the mysterious skate life of SD Wayne. Being the legendary skater that he is. Like fucking Bigfoot, down here.

So if you got 40 minutes to kill, this was a really fun watch.
Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

-EATFIEND-

No comments :

Post a Comment