The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

EatFiend @ Larb Fest 2014



So quickly Larb Fest had come and gone. I love the fact that it is held during the month of Oktoberfest.
Just a little bit more motivation to get extra shitty.
Let's get to it shall we? 
Fueled up at Wings N Things right down the street. One must have a full tank when going to any metal show. You need yer energy for headbanging/moshing and you gotta have a base for whatever decathalon yer about to put yer liver thru.
Larb Fest was ready to go. DonaldGately, WormTits and I arrived before the first band took the stage.
The place was hotter than a Southern whore house in the summer. Time to drink twice as fast since I'll be sweating it out.
Booze-Rock
The "New Owner" banner clearly shows that he doesn't give two fucks about what you or I think about the joint. Very metal.
Larb shots! Squirt and moonshine! Yummy!
I only needed one.
Poster. Art work by Shitler.
The first band took the stage and set the mood. "Kelp Forest" is just a two piece, but they are very heavy! The combination of me being stoned, drunk and the humid atmosphere made the music drag on suuuuuuuuuuper long. When they were done with their set, someone yelled "SLOW DOWN!"
It was hilarious.
The name "Kelp Forest" reminded me of this video.
Then came "Shit Wizard". I especially dug this band for their thrash metal sound, but also they had a percussionist (right) who would wear a purple skirt on his head, stick his tongue out like a frog and bang on a cow bell in the worst rhythm I ever heard.
You know what? IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!
Personally I was surprised the place wasn't crawling with Larbs.
Next band up was a band called "Death Eyes". They were pretty fucking heavy as well.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
G.G. Fuckin' Allin!
Rest in piss.
The place got crowded and I retreated to the pit, my natural habitat. Smashing into my fellow brothers running circles like angry barbarians, fueled with booze and motivated by the sound of METAL!!!
Jack and Cokes!
Great beer selection, they even had PBR!
VALDUR WAS THE HEAVIEST BAND OF THE NIGHT!!!
Had me headbanging the night away.

Sketchy happenings at the other end of the alley.
Then "Hammered" played, the drummer from Nihilist is in this band. Great speed metal up yer ass!
Killed it.
Long haired hessians.
Shitler himself giving all the bands praise.
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that AlkaSmolik showed up halfway through and started stage diving off the stage. All I remember is him slamming super hard on the ground from the foot high stage. Can't slow him down, 'cuz he got right back up and stage dived right on top of two people moshing.
Rock and fuckin' roll.
After the show was over, dudes were in full Larb mode, scoring some alcohol at the liquor store right next door.
I bought DonaldGately and WormTits each "Larb Fest" t-shirts. I was fucking hyped!
Calling an Uber.
Straight to the Cherry Bomb before last call.
Where nobody gives a shit about yer name.

Network Skate, RIP Shockus.
Miss you bub.
Good thing I have these bubs in my life. Straight up good peoples right here.
I was too hammered to jam foosball. Larb Fest had me screaming sweet heavy metal in my fucking brain.
"Fuck off!"
Time to have some Jameson. Cruise control is about to set in lady's and gentlemen.
I don't see how another beer could hurt, right?
In his element. The Larb can be seen in all of us.
Here we have a happy Larb playing his quiet time game whilst drinking his happy juice.
Shit flight Larb mode setting in.... browning out.
Time for a walk. Pump the blood. Come on old man, you can do it.
Blurry nights as usual with this motley crew.
I wonder how many parties are happening in sewers without me.
Balboa Park.
I remember when Dave Mayhew kickflipped over that rail in "The Storm"/

I like blurry bad photos.
Batman?...
This place is awesome when no one is around.
The streets are ours! Time to slime it up!
This place has endless beautiful architecture and gardens. Too bad we can't see any of it!
Camp life.
Fuggit.
These dudes were still partying.
Made it to the zoo parking lot on the other side.
My trusty Larb gear in tow.
Blacking out.
Don't know what the fuck is going on here.
Uber.
Later Donald!
Yes! Made it to the taco shop!
My Larb tote bag was slowing getting destroyed. I like how Shitler used a sand bag.
WormTits was psyched on his Larb Fest t-shirt.
Burrito time back at the house.
Psyched on all my goodies!
Been blasting the Larb Komp cd in my car everyday since I got it.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Even brought home a few 'zines too!

Eat
Fucking
Fiend

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment