The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

EatFiend @ Ponte Winery, Temecula California

It has been a short and glorious year since LadyLarb and I tied the knot. Here is to many more to come. This sweaty Larb loves you!
Headed up the 15 North for about 55 minutes.
Upon checking in, we were greeted with glasses of Shiraz while we waited in the lobby.
Ponte Vineyard is located: 35053 Rancho California Road, Temecula CA 92592.
From the hotel to the Winery, this is the path we had to take. Temecula is normally bat shit crazy hot, but we arrived a week after the recent heat wave. Thankfully.
Grape vines everywhere. It was so quiet. You couldn't hear anything butt the wind whistlin' and yer feet crunching as you walk on the dirt.
We arrived to the taste testing room. This was only half of it and it was super crowded.
First things first, we took a 3p.m. wine tour!
Our tour guide was super cool and very generous with our wine portions due to the fact that we were the only people that signed up for the tour. Yay! Private vineyard tour!
He got us started on some cold white. I didn't like wine as a young buck, but these days I'm aqquiring a taste for it and it's fun!
All aboard!
Rolling classy!
Open the gates and unleash a drunk Larb! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
The property was over 300 acres, 180 acres of which is used to grow grapes and also a citrus farm.
I really enjoyed this, our tour guide would pull up to a batch of grapes and then feed us the wine that came from this section. 
We also got to pick grapes of the vine and sample them. Mmmmmmmmmm, nice and seedy!
Mesmorizing.
Cheers! He was cracking a fresh bottle for us every 10-15 minutes or so.
White wine with a white grape, Don't mind if I do!
The babe and I looking fabulous!
More white wine and more grapes!
We were driven all around the property and then taken in the back to view the vats that are used to filter/process/ferment the wine.
Best part about it was that we got to sample some of the vats before they hit the de-sedimentation process/ bottling.
A little cloudy, but damn it was tasty!
View from inside a vat. This one was being cleaned.
More wine! Straight from the tit!
Then we were taken to the Barrel Room.
Apparently this is a rad place to throw parties, if one can afford it.
Failed panorama. 
These barrels were huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!
More wine!
At this point I'm feeling a bit tipsy.
So cool looking.
This was a dessert wine (Rose), paired with some chocolate that we were given to compliment the wine.
Ain't we a good looking couple? I'd say so!
1 year strong.
Then the vineyard tour was over and it was off to the tasting room.
Glass 1.
Glass 2.
Glass 3. The more I drank, the more my vision became impaired!
Glass 4.
Glass 5.
Time for a pee break. Rad poster I saw in the men's room.
Glass 6?
Glass 6.
Then we went to our room for the first time and realized that we were bumped to a 2 bedroom suite. We blasted the shit outta that a/c!
Anniversary wine compliments of Ponte vineyard.
Our view from the balcony.
Then it was dinner time. Why not have another bottle of wine? Sure! Fuggit!
Our waitress was more than helpful with helping me remember these special moments. After all, we were drinking a lot of wine.
Dinner: I went outside my comfort zone and ordered the scallops with some cous-cous and veggies. So good!
And my lovely wife ordered the beef brisket that was covered in way too much other stuff for me to get a decent photo. Lets eat!
Then a little surprise!
Anniversary dessert! 
I love you AnnaBanana with all my heart. 
You make me a better man.
Then we headed off to our room! It was a perfect day. Lots of fun. I highly recommend it to anyone that loves wine or even doesn't know a whole lot about it (like myself).

EatFiend

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment