The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Mandatory Bloggery- Ham Hock Split Pea Stew


I love to cook things that take all day. This was a lot of fun and it made the whole house smell amazing!
Here's my go at ham hock split pear soup...
Pork bones I've been saving for a few months. This was deemed the proper time to pull them outta the freezer. Pack of ham hock too.
Boiled the bones for a few hours. 6 to be exact. Left the lift off periodically so the water would boil down, thus giving me a thicker stock. Fuck yea.
Then I began to get the veggies ready. I have no proper way of chopping up an onion. I just chop the shit out of it chaotically. 
Celery.
Carrots.
Done.
Small little green onions too.
Oooooooooooh yea baby!
Some ham stock that had been in the freezer. Gonna throw that in too for flavor!
Pork hocks. This stuff is cheap.
My Irish Soda bread recipe. I never add raisins.
Lookin' good!
I like to mash the dough with my potato masher. Gives the bread a cool look.
Jalapeno flavored scallop potatoes.
That's a brick of butter floating in there.
And then I added a shit load of pepper for some extra flavor.
Bread came out awesome.
It was literally steaming.
My first batch was a good one. Perfect comfort food.
Thanks Mom for the recipe and always making great home cooked meals.

EatFiend

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment